Trackier provides a built in anti-fraud tool that can help you tackle the fraud traffic issues and help you keep relation with your advertisers intact, save your money, and keep business healthy.
Trackier has built-in analytics and reports specifically for monitoring the fraud traffic. Trackier also gives you the option to take the necessary action on such traffic as well.
Where to find?
Click on Automation>> Anti-Fraud Tools >> Config.
Once you click on 'Config' you will be redirected to the page where you will be able to set the constraints(if any) and set multiple rules and actions for them.
You will be redirected to the 'Manage Fraud Rules' page, where you will be able to manage all the previously created rules for your campaigns. Find the Action button at the top right to set the fraud rules.
You will be able to change the status of your already created rules from this page.
Setup filters will allow you to add certain targeting to your rules based on the advertisers, publishers or campaigns.
1. Name - Set the name for your rule.
2. Scope - This will allow you to select whether you want to check the fraudulent only for clicks, conversions or both of them.
3. Choose Advertisers - This option will allow you to include or exclude advertisers specifically for the rule.
4. Choose Campaigns - This option will allow you to include or exclude campaigns specifically for the rule.
5. Choose Publishers - This option will allow you to include or exclude publishers specifically for the rule.
It is mandatory to give your rule a name, otherwise you will not be able to move on to next step.
Basic restrictions will be the main step where you will see the multiple rules that you want to apply on the campaigns that are running live. Find the description of each and every rule mentioned in the screenshot below.
1. DataCenter Traffic Block - We maintain a database of data center IP address (like AWS, GCP, etc) ranges since many bot networks will use data centers to create or proxy traffic, and through this, you can block that and even track that which publisher is sending fraud traffic. For example, a session from within Amazon’s AWS data center address block is unlikely to be valid.
2. Proxy Traffic Block - These are the list of Proxy Types we can detect and can block the IP addresses associated with these Proxy types. We maintain a real-time database of public web proxies so we can detect sessions from them. So that no proxy traffic conversion gets validated.
3. Blacklist IP Block - In this, all the blacklisted IP by the different ISP blocking all Conversion from IP address known to perpetrate fraud, as well as anonymous IP addresses.
4. Unknown Device Block - In this, all the crawlers, emulator type devices are blocked, we maintain the pattern and accordingly block the conversion from this type of traffic.
5. Block Empty Device ID - This option rejects all the clicks coming from devices without GAID/IDFA. IOS 14 and above will not be checked for this rule.
6. Validate Device ID - If this rule is enabled, all the clicks coming from devices with Invalid GAID/IDFA will get rejected. IOS 14 and above will not be checked for this rule.
7. Unique IP Conversion - If you will enable this rule, you will see that only one conversion will get recorded through one IP. Multiple conversions from the same IP or same subnet of the IP will be blocked.
CTIT Rule is a bit different from the rules that are set in the previous step. A particular condition is required to get fulfilled to take any action out of this rule. Find the description about this rule below the image.
CTIT Rule(Click To Install Time or conversion time)- This helps you in case a bot is filling the form or installing an APK, so you can set time with conditional logic and if the conversion is less than or greater than the time set, then that conversion and goal associated with that click id will get cancelled.
The final step in setting up the fraud rule is to set an action for the fraud traffic that is accumulated. As mentioned at the beginning of this article, Trackier provides you the option to set the course of action for the fraud traffic that is recorded.
You can either allow the Fraud traffic or you can block the fraud traffic.
Once the rule is set, you can access the reports and analytics part of the fraud tools easily to check the performance of the campaigns and publishers.
To know more about reports and analytics, give a read to this article.