Pixel helps you to gather valuable information about your campaign visitors and to understand what actions they took. Once you have created a Pixel-based campaign then the next step is to place the pixel in the header tag of the Thank you page. You can place pixels via the tag manager.
Here are the steps you need to follow to collect the pixel -
- Go to the particular campaign and open it.
- You will be able to see the "Conversion Tracking" option at the bottom right of the page.
- Here you will find the link to the pixel. You can copy the link and add it to the Thank you page of your Landing page.
- Now if you want to check if your pixel has been placed properly or not you can generate the link for the publisher and complete the process for reaching to the "Thank you" page and inspect the network to see the pixel placement just like the one attached in the screenshot below.
- In case you want to pass the sale amount and order ID, Select the checkbox "Goal value."
- Select the goal value that you have created for sales.
- Once you have selected it, it will get implemented in the postback as &goal_value=sale.
- Add a parameter for &sale_amount= and ask the advertiser to pass the sale amount in this parameter.
- For order ID to be captured you can keep it as transaction ID. You can find a list of all Parameters that can be used in postback to get the information from the advertiser.
The below is just for reference of how it would look like. It has no relation with above images.
If you are creating a Pixel-based campaign then while creating the campaign you have to select either the iframe pixel or image pixel option while selecting the conversion tracking option