Product feeds are files containing product information that is used by marketplaces, shopping engines, and social commerce channels to display product listings.
Trackier introduces its latest automation feature of Product Feed, wherein a specific brand can share a single csv file with the publishers of their choice which would allow them to choose the tracking link for all the products. Publishers can simply download the csv file present on their interface under 'product feeds' and copy the product's tracking link from it.
Using product feed feature of Trackier, publishers no longer have to manually generate tracking links for different products.
Information in these files are also updated every 24 hours to reflect any changes in the product feed made by the brand.
How to setup Product Feed
- You can access the product feed in your panel by going to the E-commerce section in automation. Know more about Trackier's e-commerce integration
Setting up Product Feed
You can add a new product feed by going to the "actions" button and selecting "Add New Feed" option. Adding a product feed generally involves 3 steps:
STEP 1: Basic configuration
- In the Basic configuration section, select one of the options from "Feed URL" and "API".
- If selected Feed URL, then you're required to fill in the below details.
Advertiser- Add your advertiser for which this feed has to be added
Product Feed Name- Enter Feed Name. This is how it will be displayed to your publishers
Feed URL- Enter Feed URL. If you're and ad agency, this will be provided to you by the advertiser.
User Name- Enter User Name
Password- Enter Password
Root Element- This will act as a parent element for your feed. It could be anything specific that includes all your product info.
Ex: A "Message_inbox" is a root element and "to" "from" "subject" are its child element.
Please enter root element values with (_) underscore separation.
If selected API, then the required fields to be filled are:
- Advertisers- Add your advertiser here.
- Affiliate- Add your affiliate in this section.
- Affiliate Tracking ID- Enter Affiliate Tracking ID.
- Affiliate API Token- Enter your Affiliate API token here.
- The product feeds provided by the advertiser can have multiple fields, these fields may different in Trackier (eg: ID is called product id in Trackier) so in this step, you have to map the relevant fields with the Trackier fields for the system to identify and automatically create tracking links accordingly.
You can also add a sample CSV in order to map the relevant fields with the Trackier fields. to do this, Simply choose CSV mapping in on the top and an Option to upload a CSV file will be available.
For any irrelevant fields, you can map them with the "skip this field" option and they won't appear in the downloaded csv.
STEP 2: Data mapping
In this step, you have to map the fields in the product feed to the fields in Trackier.
STEP 3: Settings
In this step, you can set the access settings and status.
- In the Settings section, you will finalise the setup by adding the following metrics.
- Status- Status of the Product Feed, if disabled, it will no longer be refreshed or made available to the publisher to download.
- Frequency- Frequency of refreshing the product feed. It will be refreshed every 24 hours and currently it is the only option provided.
- Publishers- You can include or exclude publishers according to your requirement.
- Campaigns- You can add the relevant campaigns as per your requirement.
Publisher Interface view
- Your publishers can download the product feed from their own Trackier interface by going to Account> Product Feeds.
- In the Product Feed section, the publishers will be able to directly download the available product feeds allowed for them and extract the tracking link through the downloaded CSVs.
- Every 24 hours, a new version of the existing active file will be made available which may contain different information if any changes were made to the product feed.